Wednesday, July 4, 2012

I celebrated the 4th by running in the Lenexa Freedom Run. I finished 4th in my age group of over 70. There were 14 runners over 70. I was happy to be able to do this because I had Hernia surgery 7 weeks ago and couldn't begin to prepare for the race until 2 weeks ago.  I'm thinking of running in another 5k this weekend that is connected to the All Star game festivities downtown KC.  We're starting to feel freed up of our ministry responsibilities. We sent out our Newsletter Tuesday morning and did our Nav Ministry Report on Tuesday evening, so that should wrap it up for now.  I'm getting time in the Word in the mornings, running and taking it easy. I will work some on our Deck and Fence in the mornings before it gets too hot outside. We will be leaving for Montana on the 21st and will be there until August 1st. We will visit Jim and Linda Fordyce for two days and then off to a cabin near Glacier Park that has been made available to us by friends of The Navigators.  Dave

1 comment: