Thursday, October 25, 2012

October 25, 2012 one month after our last post. During this time we have been to Sanibel Island, Florida for a wonderful time of rest, reflection and time with each other and times alone with the Lord. Very special time in a very special place. Friends from our church provided their condo as a gift to our time of sabbatical.

One of the books I have read during this time of sabbatical is the book by Ruth Barton, "Strengthening the Soul of your leadership". I will share some quotes from the  book and how the Lord has used them in my
life during this time.  "Spiritual leadership emerges from our staying involved with our soul. . that place where
God's Spirit is at work stirring up our deepest longings to draw us deeper into relationship with Him".

To this point in our sabbatical the Lord hasn't been telling me
  what He wants me to do but
  Who He wants me to know

He has been revealing Himself to me as I meditate on the Word each day and listen to the Spirit lift a word or phrase from my reading.

Mark 6:50 Jesus said to the disciples in the midst of the storm on the sea when they saw Him on the water and thought that He was a ghost,  "Take courage, it is I, do not be afraid"  As I listened to the Spirit the words that stood out to me were "It is I". It was the first time I have read that phrase that "It is I" stood out to me. Usually it would be "Do not be afraid" or "Take Courage". Now the Lord is coming to me and saying, Dave it is not about what you need to do but who you need to Know. "It is I"  Jesus revealing Himself to me that it is all about Him. It is not about me. Life and ministry is all about Him.

As these fresh revelations of Jesus have occurred for me my soul is being restored and refreshed. I sense a deeper longing in my heart to know more of Him and to allow Him to reveal Himself more. I'm also sensing a renewed desire to serve Him.  I will share more as I post more regularly in the days to come.  God Bless.



No comments:

Post a Comment