Tuesday, October 30, 2012

October 30 , 2012.  As we near the end of October we are also nearing the end of the Reflection phase of our sabbatical and in November will move into the refocus phase of what we will do after our sabbatical at the end of December.

Acts 22: 6 & 10 came to mind today. Paul asked, "Lord, Who are you?" and "Lord, What do you want me to do?"  Up until now the time of Reflection has been centered on the question," Lord, Who are you?" I have become aware of that place in me, in my spirit where God's Spirit is at work stirring up my deepest longings to draw me deeper into relationship with God. I am finding my value in Christ's value of me instead of value from ministry. I am moving from doing to being, being in Christ as central. He is coming to me and saying, "It is I" Dave.  So, I am trusting God to reveal more of Himself to me through Jesus and to use my life.....

To use my life or the answer to the question that Paul had, "Lord what do you want me to do?" is not clear yet. That is what the next phase of our sabbatical will be about. So in November we will be talking with our supervisor, Matt Martin, our sabbatical supervisors, Mike and Norma Merritt and our sabbatical accountability team and also our KC Navigator staff to help us clarify what our ministry contribution will be in the new year.

We'll keep you posted as things evolve.  Dave and Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment