Friday, October 26, 2012

October 26, 2012,  Another quote from, "Strengthening the Soul of your leadership" has been helpful. "There are times when a leader's deepest longing is to hear a word from the Lord. Do I have enough
give in my schedule to be able to turn aside and pay attention when there is something that warrants it?"

Very often over the last couple of years I sensed a deep longing in my soul to hear a Word from the Lord about His calling on my life. This time of sabbatical has been a wonderful time to hear His voice. "My sheep listen to my voice, I know them and they follow Me" John 10:27. Also, "He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being taught". Isaiah 50: 4. The Lord has impressed on me the word  listen.
"This is my Son, listen to Him!" Mark 9:7.  Each day I pray over the chapter in the Bible that I am reading and then listen for a word  or phrase that Jesus is saying to me. This has been wonderful as the Lord is revealing Himself more and more to me and restoring my soul. It's not so much me coming to Him, even though I do but HIM coming to me. "and I too will love him and show Myself to him" John 14:21.

I thought the deep longing of my heart was to hear a word about my calling but the real need was to hear from the CALLER of my calling. "It is I" Mark 6:50. "It is I" Isaiah 52:6. "Here I am" Isaiah 58:9. His answer to my longing, HIMSELF. His answer to Moses, tell them that "I am" sent you.

Lord, thanks for revealing yourself to me. You didn't just want to renew my calling but You wanted me and Susan to see you more clearly. A fresh vision of You resulting in a restored soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment