Monday, October 29, 2012

October 29, 2012. When we were in Montana in July one of the verses that really stood out to me was I Kings 3:5 "Ask for what ever you want me to give you" This what the Lord said to Solomon. I thought what would I ask for? It wasn't real clear to me what I would ask for although the deep longing of my heart was to hear the Lord voice on His calling for my life.

Another book that I have been reading is "Jesus Calling" a devotional book by Sarah Young. She relates things that she senses the Lord has impressed her with, such as, "True dependence is not simply asking Me to bless what you have decided to do. It is coming to Me with an open mind and heart, inviting Me to plant My desires within you. I may infuse within you a dream that seems far beyond your reach. You know that in yourself you cannot achieve such a goal. Thus begins your journey of profound reliance on Me." 

These words really spoke to my heart so I began asking the Lord to

  plant His desires in my heart and mind  and
  to instill a dream of ministry contribution in my heart and mind

to this point He has answered by giving me

  A fresh vision of Jesus "It is I" helping me understand in a deeper way that life is all about Him
  and that He wants to reveal Himself to me. So the desire that the Lord is planting in my heart is
   to know Him.  Phil 3:10 that I my know Him

                           Jeremiah 9:24 But let him who boasts boast about this, that he understands and
                           knows Me.

                           Psalm 27:4 One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the
                           house of the Lord all the days of my life to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to
                           Him in His temple

This is resulting in, a restoring of my soul and in a setting of heart and mind on Him
That's all for today. My answer to the Lord's challenge to Solomon, "Ask for whatever you want me to give you" is now , LORD I ASK YOU TO REVEAL YOURSELF TO ME MORE AND MORE.

No comments:

Post a Comment